While we were in Washington D.C., we let Hudson have some water in a cup while another cup was close by. He then proceeded to pour the water from the first cup into the second. He would then pick up the second cup, take a sip, and then pour it back into the first, and then start the cycle all over again. He did pretty well with keeping the water in the cups, but the process was a little messy on the hotel floor. But hey - he was sick and it kept him happy, so we let him do it.
Once we got home, we tried to put a stop to the practice by not letting him have more than one cup at a time on his highchair. It didn't make him too happy at first, but he got over it.
The Sunday after we got back, when I went to pick him up from nursery, the nursery leader told me he had taken two cups and poured water back and forth between them for about 10 minutes. Hmmm, no surprise there. So, that afternoon we let him have two cups and some water out on the patio, and you can see the result.
So now we come to last week. I put Hudson in his highchair with a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of milk. He's been wanting to dring from a "big boy" cup instead of his straw/sippy cup, and is pretty good at it. I didn't think much of it and let him start eating his cereal while I was doing a few other things around the house. He seemed to be eating well - no fussing or anything - until I got closer to check on what he was doing.
In case you can't tell - yes, that is OATMEAL being poured back and forth from his bowl to his cup. Our little mad scientest, hard at work. Really - what is it with pouring?





2 comments:
Yum! Hey, atleast its not on the couch, right?!
Oh no! Well, I guess you might have to just put off the "big boy cup" for a while. That's so funny. Never had a child do that before.
Post a Comment